Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Old Works- A school paper

Authors Note: I only find this significant enough to post because its the first time I could see a hint of skill in my writing. (First as in chronologically, not first as in only)
 Date written: Some time in elementary school

P.S. The grammar and punctuation are fairly bad, sorry.



MEMOIR

When I woke up on my soft pillow-like bed I yawned completely oblivious to

the world around me. The pillow felt warm so I flipped it to the cool side. It felt

lovely to my warm face. I looked at my clock; 10:30 is what it read. That’s when the

thought struck me, today is Tuesday.



            I ran down the stairs to ask my mom why she didn’t wake me up. “Why didn’t

you wake me up” I asked my mom. “ I did and you wouldn’t wake up. I took your

temperature, you have a fever.” I looked at her in disbelief.



            I slowly walked up the stairs, I dreaded the days ahead because of the make

up work. I hopped into my fluffy bed and fell asleep. I had a wonderful dream and

woke up several times before I finally fell asleep for good.



            Two days later and I’m still horrible sick. The boredom is getting to my head

and I was starving. “Can I have lunch!” I yell to my mom who is down the stairs.

“Sure!” she yells back.






She brings me tomato soup around fifteen minuets later. I ate the soup, and it

was very good. That’s when it happened. I spilled my soup on the floor. Both my

dreams and my soup splattered on my floor. The stain on my floor was blood red. I

stood there staring at my soup, dead. I asked my mom to clean it up as I slowly

walked to bed.



The next day I felt better and was determent to go to school. I got ready and

went down my stairs. I ran to the bus stop just in time. I went to school and finally

felt better.


No comments:

Post a Comment